Friday, March 31, 2006

Snoopy Godzilla


Drawn on November 24, 2005 (Thanksgiving Night)!

That night, The X's premiered on Nickelodeon (and I enjoyed it!), though I drew this later on while watching my tape of Godzilla Vs. Megalon! My brother and his roommate were staying over for the weekend.

You know I'm a big Godzilla fan, but I'm also a huge Snoopy fan! So I was just itching to do this experimental drawing. Godzilla has always had that Snoopy-like appeal in the 70s movies, and I always thought the Megaro-Goji (the suit first used in aforementioned Godzilla film) looks like a charcoal-grey Snoopy! Some of the Peanuts specials movies have some stuff in common with the Godzilla movies of the same period, but you should really watch both genres. I do. :)

The premise of this drawing is: What if Godzilla and Snoopy switched places? I make Snoopy Godzilla-like (in the mold of the Megaro-Goji) and I make Godzilla Snoopy-like, with Charles M Schulz's trademark style. I really loved the result, imagining a tokusatsu-style Snoopy. And, by the same token, imagining what Godzilla would be like if done by Schulz!

Drawn with a Micron .005 and colored in Adobe Photoshop. Also posted on deviantART.

No comments: