Monday, December 18, 2023

Introducing Rekira V3!

 At last, I unveil my latest CG model of my original kaiju, Rekira! Here is Version 3 (V3), which is the best-looking version to date.

Done on Blender, with the skin/fur texture done on tablet in both Blender and Fire Alpaca. The skin/fur ratio was first attempted on the V1 model, but the result was unsatisfactory. Now, it looks far better, now that I got the hang of using particle fur both conservatively and efficiently for the model! The topology is also much better and more consistent. I also simplified Rekira's antlers (I eschewed the red lines), and the headlamp and Pulsar Plates are also now incorporated into the model itself (as opposed to just pasted on, like the previous two models).


Completion test shots (using stock HDRI sky textures), from when the model was finished on October 12 (when I finally completed the glow features).



WIP test shots

This one is great, the best feral expression, so far.

Glow test:

Emulating the "strong" pose of the 1968-1972 Godzilla:

Shee!



No comments: