Saturday, July 17, 2021

Dynamic Heralds 2021 Design Lineup

 While my original kaiju project, Rekira the Super-Monster, is in production, I've finalized the designs for the featured superhero team, the Dynamic Heralds, which I intend to use for the project! I've decided to go with a sort of Incredibles influence, with a bit of 1960s Jack "The King" Kirby, Japanese superheroes (most particularly Super Sentai), and also Olympic speed skating suits/helmets (which look very superhero-ish)!

 It's also a convenient day to post these, as today is also the 55th Anniversary of the official premiere of Ultraman (Tsuburaya; 1966) on Japanese TV (discounting the B&W pre-premiere special from a week earlier, Ultraman's Birthday)! With Rekira, I hope to continue that tokusatsu-style tradition.

Each character design was done from June 9 to July 17, on tablet in FireAlpaca.

Here's the team in Full Helmet Mode:

Mask Mode:

And with masks off:

No comments: